The Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop is a hard surface steam cleaner that uses steam to clean and sanitize surfaces. Its cleaning power can eliminate up to 99.9% of germs and bacteria and that’s why it is one of the top steam mops for pet urine.
You can use it to scrub away tough and sticky messes on the floor and leave your room clean. But sometimes, your steam mop won’t steam, making it challenging for you to remove stains on the floor.
When using your Bissell steam mop, you will not see an abundance of steam coming from the unit. That is because the machine directs the steam towards the floor to ensure the best cleaning results.
But if the Bissell PowerFresh steam mop is not steaming or producing steam, several things might have caused the problem. They include:
- The mop is not getting enough power
- It does not have enough water
- You have not attached the rubber gasket
- The nozzle producing the steam is blocked
- The mop has a pressure leakage
The best way of fixing a Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop that is not working is to identify the cause. That will be easier for you to prevent steam failures in future.
Here are different methods you can use to fix your Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop.
1. How to fix a blocked Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop
The nozzle producing steam can get blocked when you are using hard water. You must clean the mop regularly if you use hard water to prevent minerals, especially calcium, from clogging up the nozzle.
If it is already blocked, consider the following to unclog your Bissell Steam Mop:
- Unplug it from the power outlet
- Wipe the nozzle using a cotton swab dipped in vinegar
- Once done, use a paper clip or sharp object to remove the mineral deposits
If you have removed the debris, try using the mop again. Ensure the water is hot before steaming. In future, consider using distilled water for streaming to avoid calcium build-up. You can use the Megahome countertop water distiller if you don’t have ready access to distilled water.
2. How to fix a leakage in your PowerFresh Deluxe Steam Mop
Any form of leakage can prevent your PowerFresh Deluxe Steam Mop from working. Since the mop works by building up pressure to release steam, a pressure leakage will cause the mop not to produce any steam.
Here is what you should do:
- Fill the tank with water
- Check the bottom cap
- Ensure you have secured it tightly
If the cap has an issue, you will have to replace it.
3. How to fix a leaking PowerFresh Steam Mop hard floor steam cleaner
One reason your PowerFresh Steam Mop Hard Floor Steam Cleaner is not streaming is because it may be leaking.
Here is what you can do to fix the issue:
- Unplug the mop from the power source
- Remove and fill the water tank
- Check whether the cap and insert have any cracks or damage
- If damaged, replace the cap
- Ensure to attach the rubber gasket at the tip of the cap
- Check that the x-valve is working well
- Push up on the valve over the sink to ensure water releases out of the tank
- Replace the cap assembly if damaged
The last step is to replace the water tank and push it down securely, so there are no gaps.
4. How to fix a trigger that does not work
If the Bissell Steam Mop trigger doesn’t work, you can do the following to fix it:
- Depress the trigger to allow the mop to release steam
- If there’s no steam, check to ensure the water is flowing to the heater
- Open the water tank cap
- Press the trigger until you see steam or water coming out of the foot
If the above does not work, try the following:
- Replace the cap and turn it clockwise to lock it in place. Ensure it is vertical when locking it in place
- If you do not notice any tension in the trigger, you may have assembled the handle incorrectly
- Unplug the steam mop from the power handle and check to ensure you have locked it in place well.
The Bissell PowerFresh steam mop comes with a locking button. It should snap into the hole on the back of the mop an inch below the lower cord wrap.
If your Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop is not steaming, the first step is to check whether it is getting enough water. You should also ensure that you have attached the rubber gasket and that no debris or mineral deposit is blocking the nozzle.