Is your Brookstone Pure-Ion air purifier acting up? Maybe it is time to clean it.
Air purifiers are handy tools when it comes to maintaining the quality of air in your home.
However, as they work to remove dust and other pollutants, the debris tends to build up inside the air cleaner. As a result, their efficiency decreases, which can lead to reduced air quality.
If you use a Brookstone Ion air purifier, regular cleaning will help increase efficiency and prolong its lifetime. But how do you go about it?
Below, we are going to look at when and how to go about cleaning your air purifier.
How often should you clean your air purifier?
What is the right frequency when it comes to cleaning a Brookstone Pure-ion air purifier? Well, this will largely depend on how often you use it, as well as the environment of your home.
For example, if your home has many pollutants, the air cleaner will collect debris faster, requiring more regular cleaning. Likewise, the more you use your air purifier, the fast it will accumulate pollutants.
In general, it is recommended to clean or change the air purifier filters every three to six months to maintain high efficiency. Depending on how often you use it, you can increase or reduce the frequency.
Luckily, with the Brookstone Pure-Ion air purifier, you don’t have to guess when to clean. It comes with a backlight flash that will alert you when the air cleaner needs cleaning.
You can also do a manual check to determine whether it is time to clean or not.
How to clean the Brookstone Pure-Ion Purifier?
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to clean your air purifier:
- First, regularly check on your air purifier to know when to clean. The power button backlight will flash when debris has accumulated. You can also open the filter component for a visual check.
- Open the top compartment housing the filter collection plates and remove them. You should only do this while the air purifier is plugged into the electrical outlet to ensure a proper reset.
- Shake the loose debris from the filter and seal it in a garbage bag.
- Place the filter in a dishwasher and run it through a wash cycle (or two if it is not clean the first time). Alternatively, you can clean it with warm water and soap. If you are handwashing, you can use a scrub brush to agitate the stuck debris.
- Once the filter is clean, let it dry completely before returning it to the filter component.
- Power on the unit to resume regular air filtration operation
Note: Using an air purifier with a wet filter can damage your device. If your filter has not dried thoroughly, a crackling noise will sound when the air purifier is running. When this happens, power down the device, remove the filter and let it dry before using it again.
Should I clean or replace the air purifier filters?
There are different types of air purifiers, some with reusable filters and others that require filter replacement. So, which filters does the Brookstone Pure-Ion Pro air purifier use?
Well, lucky for you, the device uses a re-washable filter, which doesn’t require replacement. So, you only need to remove the filter when it is dirty, clean it, and save on expensive replacements.
If you want the best out of your Brookstone Pure-Ion air purifier, you must clean it regularly. The air cleaner comes with a reusable filter that needs a simple wash in a dishwasher or by hand using soap and warm water.
The frequency of cleaning will depend on your usage of your home and the quality of your indoor air. Therefore, you might have to clean the filter once every few months or every other week, depending on your situation.