A good Minka Aire ceiling fan can help to improve the quality of indoor airflow and ventilation. It will also ensure the temperatures in your house are comfortable for you and your family. But with so many variables and options, it can be challenging to choose among the best Minka Aire ceiling fans.
Different Minka Aire ceiling fans are designed for different purposes. Some are best for use in the living room while others are designed to be used in the bedroom. There are also outdoor fans and those to be used in the kitchen.
Whether you are looking for a great fan that performs well during the summer, one that is quiet for the bedroom, or one that has a bulb, there are several great options to choose from.
Best Minka Aire ceiling fans in 2021: Expert reviews & recommendations
The best Minka Aire ceiling fan is the F896-65-CL Xtreme H2O. It works well both outdoors and indoors. However, if you need more options, then here is a table showing how it compares with the rest and an in-depth review of each fan:
(Best value for money)
(Best for bedroom)
1. Minka-Aire F896-65-CL Xtreme H2O Ceiling Fan – Best Overall
Minka-Aire F896-65-CL Xtreme H2O is a 65-inch indoor ceiling fan that comes with a DC motor and an 8-blade design. The design helps to spread air across a room more efficiently.
It also has a coal finish that gives the fan a look and style that can integrate into any home. Some of its features include 2-speed settings, six downrod options, and an airflow rating of up to 9092 on a high-speed.
- You can control it remotely.
- It has several smart features, including Wi-Fi and voice control.
- You can install it either indoors or outdoors.
- It is expensive compared to similar units.
In our Minka Aire ceiling fans review, we found that the Minka-Aire F896-65-CL Xtreme H20 is best for large spaces of over 450 square feet.
2. Minka-Aire F844-DK, Light Wave Ceiling Fan – Best value for money
The unit has three-speed settings that you can control using a remote. Also, it has a modern styling that integrates into any interior décor. Its CFM of 4531 on high-speed means you can install the fan in an area that is as large as 450 square feet.
- It is easy to install in any living space.
- Its integrated dimmable LED lights provide efficient and soft visual aesthetics.
- You can reverse its direction in the summer and winter.
- It makes a loud, buzzing noise.
The Minka-Aire F844-DK Light Wave ceiling fan is the best for homeowners that want a unit that will add sleekness and versatility to their living spaces.
3. Minka-Aire F843-DK, Wave Ceiling Fan – Best design
Minka-Aire F843-DK Wave is a 52-inch ceiling fan that is ideal for spaces of up to 450 square feet. It is an indoor fan that comes with three blades, a three-speed handheld remote, and offers up to six downrod mounting options.
The fan also has a 48-degree blade pitch that allows for the best airflow in any given space. The best part is that it is smart and can be used alongside home automation systems like SmartThings and Hubitat.
- You can integrate it with systems like SmartThings, Control4, ELAN, Hubitat, and others.
- You can control it remotely as long as it is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- It is easy and fast to install.
- It does not come with a light kit.
If you want a ceiling fan that you can control with your smartphone, the Minka-Aire F843-DK Wave is worth considering.
4. Minka-Aire F524-WHF Roto Ceiling Fan – Best affordable
Furthermore, the fan operates quietly on the highest speed setting and moves a decent amount of air in a room. Some of its features include a 52-inch blade span, 22-degree blade pitch, button control, and 6-inch downrod.
- It is easy to install.
- Comes in a minimalistic and modern design.
- It is compact, slim, and provides better airflow.
- The blades are made from light plastic.
Although the Minka-Aire F524-WHF Roto does not come with remote control, it is cheaper and offers better value to your home.
5. Minka-Aire F519L-WH Concept II Ceiling Fan – Best for bedroom
Minka-Aire F519L-WH Concept II is a 52-inch flush mount ceiling fan that comes with an integrated 14-watts LED light in white finish. It has an airflow rating of 5423, which means you can install in large spaces of up to 450 square feet.
Also, the fan has a reversible motor and remote control to allow you to set it from a distant location. Other features include three blades, 14-degrees blade pitch, compatibility with wall controls.
- It is a well-engineered fan that is easy to install.
- Ideal for the bedroom as it operates quietly.
- It offers both bright and dimmable light.
- Its blades are not reversible.
The Minka-Aire F519L-WH Concept II ceiling fan is the best for homes that require more air circulation or those that get extremely hot during the summer.
What is the best airflow for a ceiling fan?
Airflow is the amount of air that a ceiling fan can move in a minute when running at maximum speed, measured in cubic feet per minute.
Knowing the airflow of the unit is crucial because it can help to save energy, dispel some of the heat during the summer, and support the heating systems during the winter. Thus, choose a Minka Aire ceiling fan with the right airflow to ensure correct air circulation in the room.
The amount of airflow in your house will depend on the size of the room. Ideally, if you have a space that is under 200 square feet, buy a unit whose airflow is between 2,000 and 3,000 CFM. Also:
- For rooms that are up to 300 square feet, the rating should be 4,000.
- For spaces that are up to 450 square feet, the rating should be 6,000.
A large space that is over 450 square feet requires a ceiling fan that has a rating of 9,000 CFM.
Things to consider when choosing among Minka Aire ceiling fans
When you are looking for top-rated Minka Aire ceiling fans, pay attention to the following factors:
Number of blades
Consider buying a fan with four or five blades. The unit will turn faster if it has a strong motion and will create a better wind chill effect in your house. But if you want a gentle breeze, purchase one with five blades.
Size of blades
According to most Minka Aire reviews, a 52-inch fan is the best for family rooms and master bedrooms. A 42-inch fan and below is ideal for areas that are less than 144 square feet. If the unit is between 44 and 50 inches, it will fit in spaces that are between 144 to 250 square feet.
CFM stands for cubic feet per minute of the amount of air the unit moves or its airflow. Generally, go for a fan that has a higher CFM rating because it will perform better than one with a low rating.
Also, consider purchasing a unit based on the materials used to make it and the motor that comes with it.
Features to look for when buying a Minka Aire ceiling fan
Most Minka fans reviews recommend that homeowners should consider the following features when purchasing the units:
- Lighting fixture: Any Minka Aire fan review would recommend you choose a unit with a lighting fixture. The lights will allow you to contribute to the layered lighting design of your home.
- Remote control: A remote control gives you accessibility. It allows you to switch the unit on/off and control its speed with minimum movement.
- Speed settings: Consider buying a fan with three-speed settings. It will allow you to set the unit at a rate that is comfortable for you.
- Reversible motor: A reversible motor will allow you to change the direction of the fan. That way, it will help to produce warm air in the winter and lower your energy costs.
Also, consider a unit that comes with smart features like Alexa to make it easy for you to operate it from any location.
The best Minka Aire ceiling fans provide greater performance in the summer, serve as lighting fixtures, and circulate the conditioned air where you need it the most. You can choose a unit based on the size of your house, the number of blades, and the amount of airflow it moves. Also, consider a ceiling fan that comes with a remote, matches well with your interior decors, and operates quietly.