The Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier traps allergens and particles 0.3 microns in size at 99.97% efficiency and particles less than 0.1 microns in size at higher than 99% efficiency.
But the air purifier can only maintain its efficiency when working 100%. So, when the Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier is not working, it cannot trap airborne bacteria and mold spores, reduce VOCs, pet dander, and allergens, and cannot trap different odors.
When your Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier is not working, identifying the problem first will help you find a long-term solution.
For example, your air purifier can stop working if the sensors are dirty. On the other hand, its air cleaning efficiency will drop if the filters are dirty or heavily soiled.
But the air purifier can also stop working because of the following reasons:
- You have placed it on an uneven surface.
- The sensor’s sensitivity is incorrect.
- The filters are old.
You can increase the efficiency of the Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier by placing it in a room that is not more than 815 square feet or 408 square feet if you suffer from allergies.
How to troubleshoot Rabbit Air MinusA2
Use these tips to troubleshoot the Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier:
1. Red light indicator on a Rabbit Air MinusA2
A red light on a Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier is a filter replacement indicator. When the indicator lights up, it means you must replace your filters.
Once you’ve replaced the filters, you can reset the red light through these steps:
- Turn on your MinusA2.
- Press and hold the reset button for the Rabbit Air MinusA2 (labeled as Mode or Filter).
- The red light or filter replacement indicator will turn off.
It is recommended that you should replace the Rabbit Air MinusA2 air filter replacement every 12 months. Make sure to check the user manual for a step-by-step guide for replacing the four filters in the unit.
The secondary purpose of a red light indicator is to warn you about poor air quality in your home. The Rabbit Air MinusA2 air quality indicator light will shift from blue to purple, light purple, and then red, depending on the contaminants in your room.
Ideally, the air quality indicator light should have a blue color to represent good air quality in your room. But if it is red, you should power on the air purifier and allow it to clean the air until the light changes to blue.
2. Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier is not turning on
If your Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier is not turning on, troubleshoot as follows:
- First, check to ensure the power plug is not loose.
- Next, press the power button on the unit or remote to see if it is off.
- Ensure you have securely attached the front panel to the main unit. The front panel has hooks that should latch on the hinges of the main unit.
3. Rabbit Air MinusA2 is not clearing smoke
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 is efficient at clearing smoke. However, it can fail to respond to smoke or pollution if the odor and particle sensors are dirty.
You should clean the particle sensor every three to six months to ensure its efficiency. Furthermore, clean the air intake and outlet to avoid such issues.
Do the following:
- Open the particle sensor cover. The cover is on the right side of the air purifier when facing it.
- Using a damp cotton swab, clean the lens.
- Dry the lens once done.
- Use a soft brush or vacuum cleaner to clean the dust inlet and dust outlet.
Ensure to follow the user’s manual when cleaning the particle sensors.
4. Rabbit Air MinusA2 is not cleaning the air
Rabbit Air should have an efficiency of 99.9% in cleaning the air. But if that is not effective, do the following:
- Check if there is heavy soiling in the filters and clean them if necessary.
- Remove the filters from their original case or packaging.
- If the filters are older than 12 months, replace them.
5. Rabbit Air MinusA2 is too noisy
A noisy air purifier in your home can be unbearable. If this happens with your Rabbit Air MinusA2, consider the following:
- First, ensure the air purifier sits on a flat or level surface.
- Check whether you removed the filters from their original packaging. Ideally, this is the first step to setting up the air purifier.
- Inspect the purifier for any foreign objects.
You may also want to clean the filters to remove heavy soiling.
You can troubleshoot your Rabbit Air MinusA2 depending on the problem you face.
In this troubleshooting guide, we’ve covered the most common issues you are likely to encounter and explained how you can fix them. Let us know which one worked for you.