Glitches like a Fanimation fan turning on or off by itself can be fixed by looking through the owner’s manual or installation information.
However, if you’re confident that you installed the fan correctly, then this troubleshooting guide will come in handy. I will take you through quick fixes so you can repair your Fanimation ceiling fan that turns on or off by itself.
Scroll down to your specific issue and follow these guidelines to fix the exact issue that you’re facing.
The fan light turns on spontaneously
There are two possible reasons for this;
- Faulty wiring
- Malfunctioned motor.
If the fan itself is not turning on like the light, it is probably a faulty wiring issue.
Follow the steps below to fix this issue:
- Spin the ceiling fan blades to see if they are spinning freely.
- Turn off the main power and open the fan’s cover. Check for loose wiring by gently tugging the wires.
- Use an electric tester to check if the motor is receiving current.
- Check the motor shaft for dust/ foreign objects.
An alternative reason for your remote-controlled ceiling fan turning on by itself could be that it is controlled by a neighbor’s remote.
This is possible since most manufacturers have their ceiling fan remotes tuned to a particular frequency.
If your neighbor has a similar ceiling fan, your ceiling fan could be picking commands from their remote. This problem can be prevented by changing the frequency of your ceiling fan remote.
To change the frequency of your ceiling fan remote, follow the steps below:
- Switch off the fan from the main power supply.
- Unscrew the mounting bracket to access the receiver.
- Once inside, locate the dip switch settings.
- Change the frequency by sliding the buttons to a new position.
- Remove the remote cover and change the frequency settings to match the receiver.
- Reconnect to power supply.
You can learn more about operating a Fanimation ceiling fan remote and program it to your requirements.
NOTE: A defective ceiling fan light bulb will flicker as opposed to turning off or on. This is easily fixed by changing your light bulb.
Defective/ broken pull switch
Most ceiling fan models will have two chains hanging down from the base of the fan for speed and light control. These switches can easily break when pulled too hard.
A faulty pull switch is easily replaceable. However, it is best to contact a professional electrician to fix this.
In addition to remote control, most manufacturers are embracing technology by integrating WiFi and Bluetooth. This makes it easier for users to operate the fan from their cellular devices.
How to set up your fanSync app
To set up your fanSync app, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Google Play Store for Android or Apple Store for iOS to download and install the app.
- Create your Fanimation fanSync account.
- Check to ensure your ceiling Wi-Fi receiver is within your Wi-Fi range.
- On the app interface, select Add Device.
- Select the Fanimation_xxxxxx device.
- Press Continue, and you’ll be good to go
How to reset Fanimation fan Wi-Fi
Changing/ updating your router will sometimes require resetting your Fanimation fan app to regain access to your fan.
To do this:
- Turn the power to the fan off and on 6 times in rapid succession. This can also be done from the wall switch or breaker.
- It will make the fan discoverable for the app.
- You will know it has reset successfully when the fan light flashes.