As a pet owner, you may be trying to find a solution to the annoying pet odor in your home. In addition to the stink they produce, these odors are also bad for your health. You may wonder, ‘do air purifiers get rid of pet odors?’
The answer is yes. Air purifiers can help you deal with pet odor for good.
An air purifier is a device that cleans the indoor air and rids it of any contaminants thereby, improving its quality.
However, while there are different types of air purifiers, not all of them can eliminate pet smells. The recommended air purifier should incorporate a carbon filter.
A carbon filter uses activated carbon or charcoal that has large spaces. These spaces trap the organic compounds that create a foul odor.
Air purifiers that can help in cleaning your indoor air should have the HEPA system. HEPA or High-Efficiency Particulate Air is a mechanical air purifier system that traps particles such as dander.
The combination of the two systems in an air purifier that is; the activated carbon filter and HEPA makes any brand the best air purifier for pet odors.
Benefits of getting a purifier
You’ll enjoy the following benefits when you use an air purifier:
- It cleans indoor air and removes all contaminants: Clean indoor air reduces the spread of bacteria and germs. This will in effect reduce incidences of illnesses and infections for both you and your pet.
- Consistency in hygiene: Pet odor may affect your home regularly. An air purifier will help you with consistent pet odor removal. Other methods such as washing the affected area will only provide temporary relief.
Common sources of pet odor
Here’s why your pet might be producing unpleasant odors:
- Infections: Yeast infections are a big culprit. They occur when your pet’s skin has an allergic reaction to fleas or harsh chemicals or its fur stays wet for too long.
- Ear wax: If your pet has too much ear wax or ear hair, then an odor can easily emanate from it.
- Pet urine: Pets can learn to use their potties but sometimes accidents still occur. The foul smell cannot be overstated.
How to get rid of urine odor
Urine odor is one of the most disturbing smells a home can endure. Finding the correct way to get rid of it is very important. How then do you make sure the air purifier will remove the pet urine odor?
Follow these directions:
- Find the source of the odor: Identify the core areas that could be the source of pet odor. These could be corners of certain rooms or their favorite blanket in their play area.
- Place the air purifier close to the source: By placing the air purifier at the source of the odor, you can easily remove pet urine odor. As a pet owner, it is important to find an air purifier for pets. It will help you contain pet odors satisfactorily.
An air purifier is an essential device for all pet owners. It will help you keep a clean home and give you peace of mind by allowing you to enjoy quality time with your pet without worrying about odors.