Mold is both toxic and dangerous to human health. That is why it is essential to remove it from your home as soon as you spot it.
The advantage today is that there are many home remedies that you can use to remove mold and dampness from your bathroom, attic, or basement.
But to ensure your work is more effective, you will need a mold remover. A good option you should consider is to buy the best ozone generator for mold.
An ozone generator is one of the best equipment for eliminating mold and other impurities from the air in your home. These generators produce ozone that causes an oxidation reaction when pollutants meet the inorganic molecules.
The molecules will attach to the pollutants and ultimately destroy them. That will leave your home with fresh air and ensure that the pollutants never come again. Before you buy the best ozone generator for mold, here are some factors to consider.
Best ozone generator for mold removal
The most effective ozone generators for mold removal are:
|COVERAGE (UP TO)
|1,000 Sq Ft.
|1,000 Sq Ft.
|2,500 Sq Ft.
|2,000 Sq Ft.
|2,000 Sq Ft.
1. Mammoth 7,000mg Commercial Ozone Generator – Best overall
If you are looking for the best commercial ozone generator for killing mold, we recommend that you buy the Mammoth 7,000mg.
It is the ideal unit for purifying the air and eliminating mold in your home, car, large rooms, and commercial spaces. You can use the unit to get rid of cigarette smoke, water damage, paint fumes, cooking smells, and more.
It will help you control mold and slow fungus and mildew growth. Some of its most essential features include:
- Timer function
- Long-lasting filters that offer up to 6,000 hours of continuous use
- Produces over 7,000mg of ozone
2. Airthereal MA5000 Commercial Generator
The Airthereal MA5000 is a commercial ozone generator for black mold. It can deodorize spaces from VOCs (volatile organic compounds) to smoke, toxins, microbes, and other smells. You can use it to purify the air in your home, office, pet areas, basement, restaurant, car, bar, and more.
It produces up to 5000mg of O3 per hour when in operation. That is enough to get rid of mold and keep an ethereal ambiance. Some of its features include:
- Has a timer function of up to 120 minutes
- Has a hold mode to keep the machine running for long
- It is lightweight and portable
3. OdorStop OS2500 Professional Grade Ozone
The OdorStop OS2500 is the best ozone generator to kill mold. It is a unit that can deodorize and sanitize medium to large spaces of up to 2,500 square feet. You can use it to treat your home, hotel suites, apartments, restrooms, offices, and more.
When in operation, it will work to eliminate all smells caused by mildew, mold, fire, tobacco, flood and water damage, cooking, and animal smells. Some of its features include:
- Variable ozone output of between 100 and 1080mg/h
- 12-hour timer with a hold option
- Comes with three ozone plates and an aluminum body
4. Airthereal MA10K-PRO Industrial Ozone Generator
The Airthereal MA10K-PRO is a high-capacity ozone generator with an ozone output of 10,000mg/h. It is the best commercial ozone generator for mold and the ideal machine for removing tough odors.
You can use it to purify the air in large rooms, restaurants, hospitals, garages, basements, vessels, and more. Some of its features include:
- 120-minute timer
- Has a hold option to increase the treatment duration and frequency
- Weighs 6.6 pounds, meaning it is lightweight and portable
5. Vivosun Industrial and Commercial Ozone Generator
The Vivosun ozone generator is an air purifier, sterilizer, and deodorizer for homes, industrial, and commercial spaces. It is a high-capacity unit that produces up to 10,000mg per hour of ozone gas that kills mold.
When in operation, the unit creates enough O3 gas to sanitize and break down micro-organisms, odors, and other pollutants from the source. Some of its features include:
- 120-minute timer
- Has a hold option to keep the unit running for longer
- Comes with an override unit that allows it to run indefinitely
Things to consider when buying an ozone generator for mold
The most crucial factors to look at when choosing an ozone machine for mold include:
- Hold Function and Timer: The hold function allows you to run the machine for prolonged hours. That is crucial if the generator has a fixed running time. A timer allows you to set the unit to the preferred time and leave the room for treatment. It will then turn off automatically once the timer runs out.
- Ozone output capacity: The market has both high and low-output ozone generators. In that case, choose a machine based on the speed at which it releases ozone. Ideally, consider one that emits a higher O3 output because it will fill and treat a room faster.
- Remote Control: When the mold killer machine has a remote control, it will allow you to adjust the ozone output and fan speed anytime. That is crucial because you can control the unit while it treats a room.
The best way of eliminating mold at home is to use an ozone generator. But before you buy one, ensure you are getting the best ozone generator for mold.
Consider things like timer function, O3 output, and room coverage when purchasing the unit.