Have you ever worn your clean clothes only to be embarrassed by how unpleasant they smell?
Fabrics easily pick up smells from their surroundings. This is especially true if your closet is musty or has an unpleasant smell.
Other common causes of smells in the closet include dirty clothes, dampness, poor air circulation due to cramping of clothes, among others.
If you want to keep your closet smelling fresh, having an odor absorber is a must. We know it is not easy to find a good odor absorber and that’s why we have created this guide. Read on to find out the best odor absorbers for closets that will keep your clothes smelling fresh.
Best odor absorbers for closets in 2022
Are you overwhelmed picking an odor absorber? Below are our top picks of the best odor absorbers for closets. With this list, you can save yourself a lot of time and effort in research.
|Product Name||Lasts For||Absorber||Price|
|Moso Natural Air Purifying Bag||24 months||Activated charcoal|
|airBOSS Closet Odor Eliminator||4 months||Activated charcoal|
|Arm & Hammer FGAH32||2 months||Baking soda|
|Damprid Moisture Absorber||2 months||Calcium Chloride|
|Vacplus Moisture Absorber||2 months||Calcium Chloride|
1. Moso Natural Air Purifying Bag – Most Effective
The Moso Natural air purifying bag is the best odor absorber for closets. These activated bamboo charcoal bags provide an affordable, natural, safe, and effective way to keep your closet smelling fresh.
Made using activated bamboo charcoal, the bag completely gets rid of foul smells in your closet, rooms, car, pet areas, or any other space. And the best part is, it is natural, chemical and toxin-free, and does not leave any fragrances.
While Moso Natural Air Purifying Bag is effective at absorbing odors, it is a passive air purifier (no chemicals released and no airflow). Therefore, it might not work efficiently in large spaces (unless you buy more of them), or in a closet with poor airflow.
2. airBOSS Closet Odor Eliminator
airBOSS Closet Odor Eliminator is a simple yet effective solution to closet odors. One of the best closet air fresheners, it comes packed with activated charcoal, a natural room odor removal agent that absorbs and traps offensive smells.
While airBOSS Closet Odor Eliminator will absorb bad smells in the room, it is a passive air freshener. Therefore, it might not be very effective in large spaces and/or in rooms with poor airflow.
3. Arm & Hammer FGAH32 Moisture Absorber
Ever heard of using baking soda in the closet to get rid of odors? Well, that tip works. But Arm & Hammer Moisture absorber takes it one step better; it comes with both baking soda and Calcium Chloride crystals (which absorbs moisture and any musty smells in a closet). Therefore, you can enjoy a fresh-smelling closet (or other rooms) for a long time.
One drawback of this moisture and odor absorber is that it can start leaking when left for too long, or when used in extremely humid spaces.
4. Damprid Moisture Absorber, Fresh Scent
The Damprid Moisture Absorber, Fresh Scent is an excellent odor eliminator for closets. It comes packed with calcium chloride crystals, which attract excess moisture, removing damp and musty smells. The odor remover is laced with a sweet fragrance that leaves your closet and clothes with a pleasant scent.
One of the drawbacks of the Damprid Moisture Absorber is the fragrance it comes with, which can be an issue for people who are sensitive to scents.
5. Vacplus Moisture Absorber Packets
Having trouble keeping your closet dry and smelling nice? Vacplus Moisture Absorber packets might be just what you need. They come packed with calcium chloride balls, which absorb moisture and remove musty odor, making your closet smell good.
However, Vacplus does not have any fragrance or an active odor-absorbing agent. Therefore, it will only get rid of moisture-related odors.
Things to consider when choosing odor absorber
Choosing the right odor absorber for your closest can be confusing. Below are some of the top things to consider, which will help you make the right decision.
- The intensity of the odor: Your choice of odor absorber will depend on the intensity of the odor. For example, if you have a really stinky closet, you will need a strong odor remover to get the job done.
- Safety: Some odor absorbers use or release toxic chemicals, which can be harmful to your health, and sometimes, even damaging to your clothes and shoes. It is thus a good idea to choose a product with safe ingredients.
- The space available in your closet: Space is another top consideration when choosing a closet odor absorber. Some odor absorbers can produce an overwhelming scent when used in small closet spaces. On the other hand, some absorbers will not work well if your closet is too big.
- Efficiency: Another thing to consider is how efficient the formula of the product is. You want to pick an odor absorber that will get the job done and keep your closet smelling fresh for a long time.
Keep your clothes smelling fresh
There are many options when searching for a closet air freshener, from odor eliminator sprays to electric air purifiers. However, the above are some of the best odor absorbers for closets, which use natural and safe ingredients to keep your clothes smelling nice. With this list of odor removers, you can save yourself a lot of time and effort, and as a bonus point, get products that are effective at removing any foul smells and mustiness.
Related Buying Guides: