Is your car producing a sickening odor? Bad smells in a car will not only put off people, but they can also lead to health hazards.
Smells in the car can range from rotten smells to musty or burning smells. So, where do they come from? Well, a car has lots of tight spaces where things like dirt, food, and pet fur can get trapped and become difficult to remove. After a while, these substances generate unpleasant smells, especially in hot weather.
However, you don’t have to put up with these smells. Having a good car odor eliminator can be useful in getting rid of the bad smells engrained into the interior upholstery of your vehicle.
Because of the complexity of removing bad smells from vehicles, it is crucial that you only use the best car odor eliminator. Many of these devices work by neutralizing pungent smells in an automobile instead of masking them.
Some come with several filters and activated carbon to absorb odors. But which ones should you use, and what factors should you consider when choosing them?
Factors to consider when choosing the best car odor eliminators
Here are some things to pay attention to when buying car odor removal products.
- Effectiveness – How long does the product last to eliminate bad smells in your car? Ideally, choose something that will provide ongoing elimination and work around the clock.
- Product type – Some of these products come in the form of gel, spray, activated charcoal bags, and plug-in electronic devices. Choose one that is more convenient for you.
- Ease of use – Because of the different products available, go for one that is easy to use in your car.
Best car odor eliminators and air fresheners – Our top picks
If you are looking for the best odor eliminators for cars, here are a few products you can buy.
|Product Name||Type||Freshens for||Price|
|Airthereal||Air Purifier||Durable. Use|
|Purggo||Activated charcoal||1 year|
|Rocco & Roxie||Enzyme cleaner||removes odor source|
|Armor All 18546||Spray||2 weeks|
|Meguiar’s G181302||Spray||2 weeks|
1. Airthereal Air Purifier
This purse-shaped air purifier is a 7-in-1 purifier that works by monitoring air quality in a room and removing airborne dust, smells, pollen, and smoke. It has an auto mode feature that will get rid of bad smells around the clock.
- Works silently at 22 decibels
- It automatically purifiers your car based on air quality
- It is cheaper compared to similar products
- You must change the carbon filters every six months
The Airthereal Air Purifier is an ideal product to choose if you want a portable unit that can work both in your car and house.
2. Purggo Car Air Freshener
Purggo Car Air Freshener is one of the best products for purifying the air in your car, especially if the car smells like chemicals. It comes in a pack of two that contains 100% activated bamboo charcoal.
The product does not have any fragrances or deodorizers. When in use, it will absorb smoke particles and eliminate bad smells from your car instead of masking them.
- Its effectiveness lasts for more than 365 days
- Safe to use around children and pets
- It is rechargeable once its potency reduces
- It takes longer to eliminate heavy cigarette smells
Purggo Car Air Freshener is the best car odor neutralizer to buy if you want an all-natural, non-toxic, and chemical-free product.
3. Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator
If you find it challenging to remove pet odors and dried stains in your vehicle, the Rocco & Roxie Stain and Odor Eliminator will work for you. It is an enzyme-powered odor remover for use in your car and house.
When sprayed as directed, the natural enzymatic bacteria get activated and feed on organic matter and ammonia crystals until they remove bad odor in the car carpet.
- It has many applications, including carpet and car upholstery
- Easy to use because you only need to spray it in your car
- It has a strong chemical odor of its own and leaves a sticky residue
If you are looking for an effective odor eliminator spray for cars, the Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator is the best to consider. You can use it to remove pet urine, stains, and musty smells in your automobile.
4. Ozium Smoke & Odor Eliminator
Ozium Smoke & Odor Eliminator is one of the best gels for getting rid of smells in your car. It also doubles up as a car air freshener.
The product works around the clock to consistently provide on-going odor elimination.
- Designed to reduce airborne bacteria and get rid of smoke and other odors
- Its compact size can fit under the seat of a vehicle
- Works well in small spaces to remove bad odors
- It may cause allergic reactions in some pets due to its strong smell
If you are looking for a product that will remove odors and act as an air freshener in your car, the Ozium Smoke & Odor Eliminator is what you need.
5. Armor All 18546 Car Air Freshener and Cleaner
It is effective at freshening car interiors and vents. You can also use it to remove light dirt and dust that sits on vent surfaces in your car.
- It does not mask or cover up odors
- Well formulated to stop and neutralize bad smells in your car
- It offers a cheaper option for freshening and cleaning your truck
- A bottle only lasts for two weeks
The Armor All 18546 Car Air Freshener and Cleaner is the best to use if you want something that will remove nasty smells coming from your truck’s vents or if your car AC smells bad.
6. Meguiar’s G181302 Black Chrome Whole Car Air Re-Fresher
It is an aerosol that removes odors in the interior of your vehicle. The product produces a mist that moves through the ventilation system, in-between hard-to-reach areas, and across the headliner to neutralize odors. Its effective nature and quick action make it one of the best car odor eliminators you can find.
- It is easy to use because you only need to turn on the AC and activate the refresher
- Meguiar’s G181302 leaves behind a refreshing and clean black chrome aroma in your car
- It is expensive to use it long-term because it is a one-time-use product
The Meguiar’s G181302 air refresher offers an easy, quick, and permanent solution for removing rotten smells in the car.
7. TwinkleBirds Car Air Purifier Ionizer
The product is an anti-microbial vehicle deodorizer that effectively eliminates smoke smell, food, and pet odors. It also removes allergens and viruses in automobiles.
- Removes 99% of air impurities in your car
- It naturally eliminates roots of stale smells instead of covering them up
- It does not offer an instant effect in deodorizing your vehicle
If spilled water in the car starts to smell after some time, the Car Air Purifier Ionizer will give you an effective solution for eliminating the odors.
You need the best car odor eliminators to get rid of nasty smells. Most of these products are available in the form of a spray, gel, ionizers, activated charcoal bags, and electronic air purifiers. If you buy an odor remover, ensure that its effect lasts longer.