LuxPro thermostats are one of the most popular brands on the market. They allow you to control the ambient temperature of your home, maximizing comfort while increasing your HVAC system’s energy efficiency.
However, you can only reap these benefits if you correctly set the temperature on your thermostat. With most LuxPro thermostats, the best way to set the temperature is to use the program mode.
It offers different automatic temperature settings for all seven days of the week and at different time settings (morning, daytime, evening, and night).
You can also set the temperature for your thermostat manually.
We have explained, in detail, how to set and adjust the temperature of your LuxPro thermostat.
How to program your LuxPro thermostat?
One of the ways to set the temperature for your LuxPro thermostat is through the program mode.
Most LuxPro thermostats come with a seven-day program, where you can set the desired temperature settings for each day.
In addition, some thermostats will have a 5/2-day program – with five days for weekdays and two days for the weekend.
Another feature of the programmable LuxPro thermostat is different periods for each day. Usually, they are:
- MORN (morning)
- DAY (daytime)
- EVE (evening)
- NITE (nighttime).
On top of that, some Luxpro thermostats have two additional modes:
- HEAT (for warming your house during the cold season)
- COOL (for cooling your home during hot weather)
Below is a look at how to program each of these features of the thermostat:
1. How to set up Luxpro thermostat to heat
To program your thermostat to heat, ensure the slider is set to HEAT mode.
Once this is done, you can proceed to set the temperatures as shown below:
- Go to MENU (for touchscreen thermostats), then press the scroll button until you arrive at “SET/REVIEW HEAT PROGRAMS” and select OK.
- The temperature setting for Monday, the Morning period, will come up with a flashing time indicator on the left side.
- Use the up and down/arrow buttons to adjust the time to when you want the morning period to start, for example, 6.00 AM, 7.00 AM, etc.
- Once you have set the start time, press the NEXT button. The temperature for the morning period will start flashing.
- Use the up and down/arrow buttons to adjust the temperature to the desired setting, then press next to go to the DAY.
- Again, set the period start time for the DAY period and press NEXT to set the temperature for the period. Repeat this process for EVE and NITE period.
- Once you are done setting the temperature for Monday “EVE” period and press NEXT, the thermostat will take you to Tuesday “MORN” period.
- Repeat the process to set the temperature for all seven days and the four periods of each day.
- Once you set the temperature for all days, press the EXIT button to go to the main display. Your thermostat HEAT mode is now programmed and will automatically switch to the specific temperatures you have set.
If your thermostat is not a touchscreen, it usually has a round dial with options such as SET DAY/TIME, WEEKDAY PROGRAM, WEEKEND PROGRAM, and RUN.
You will need to use these settings to set the temperature for your thermostat.
For example, to set Luxpro TX 100E thermostat (and other similar thermostats) to heat your home:
- Set the mode selector to HEAT, then turn the dial to WEEKDAY PROGRAM (it will program a similar temperature for Monday to Friday).
- The “MORN” (morning) period will be displayed first. Use the up and down buttons to select the period start time.
- Press the NEXT button to go to the temperature setting, then press NEXT again to go to the next period once the time is set.
- Repeat this process until you set the start time and temperature for all four periods. Note: the settings will be copied for all five days – Monday to Friday – and you don’t need to program each day.
- Set the dial to WEEKEND PROGRAM and repeat the process above to set temperatures for Saturday and Sunday.
- Return the dial to RUN to return to the main display when done.
2. How to set up Luxpro thermostat to cool
The HEAT mode above comes in handy during cold seasons or if you live in a cold area. However, you will need different temperature settings during the hot season to cool your home.
Most Luxpro thermostats will come with a COOL mode, allowing you to adjust your thermostat by simply sliding the mode selector instead of re-programing the HEAT mode.
Set your Luxpro thermostat to cool your home and the mode selector to COOL.
Then, repeat the processes in HEAT mode programming above to set the temperature for all seven days, weekdays, and weekends (if your thermostat has this feature).
How to manually set a Luxpro thermostat
The above program modes allow your thermostat to automatically control your home’s temperature, even when you are not home. But is it possible to set the temperature for your thermostat manually?
Most Luxpro thermostats have a hold feature, which manually overrides the programmed temperatures. To activate this feature:
- Set your thermostat to COOL or HEAT mode depending on the weather or season.
- Press the HOLD button – the word “HOLD” will appear on the display console, indicating that the mode is inactive.
- Use the up and down/arrow buttons to adjust the temperature to the desired setting.
Once you set the hold temperature, the thermostat will maintain that setting indefinitely. Press the HOLD button to return to the programmed temperature until the word “HOLD” disappears from the display console.
A thermostat is a great way to control your home’s temperature, creating a comfortable environment.
It also helps save on electric bills by maintaining a constant temperature and reducing energy usage when sleeping or away from home.
With the above information, you can manually set the temperature for your thermostat or through the program mode.