Dust is everywhere. You will find it in cars, offices, and homes.
The particles found inside your home can cause unfortunate allergies and other symptoms that can make it difficult for you to enjoy the comfort of your home.
One of the best ways of combating allergies and other associated conditions in your home is to use the best air purifier for dust.
The best air purifier for dust on the market utilizes HEPA or advanced filters. HEPA filters are effective at removing up to 99.97% of airborne particles.
They work by forcing air through a fine mesh to trap harmful particles, including dust mites, tobacco smoke, pet dander, and pollen.
By using an air purifier, you can reduce and control the number of harmful particles that accumulate in your house. This also lowers the risks associated with breathing in dust.
Best air purifiers for dust removal – our top 5 picks
Here are some of the best air purifiers you should consider buying for dust removal.
1. Medify MA-40 Air Purifier – Best overall for dust removal
Medify MA-40 is the best air purifier for dust removal. It features a blend of upgraded technology and modern design to allow for high-quality long-term air cleaning.
The unit comes with medical-grade H13 filters that have higher ratings than True HEPA filters. Some of its features include a particle sensor, air quality indicator, tempered glass panel, four fan speeds, and an 8-hour timer.
- Purifies a room of up to 1,300 square feet in one hour
- Its three filters are easy to replace
- It uses four filtration levels to trap and remove dust, allergens, pet dander, and more
- Helps to remove 99.97% of particles up to 0.1 microns
- It is expensive compared to similar units
- Filters only last six months and cost about $69 to replace
2. Hathaspace Smart HSP001 – Quietest air purifier for dust removal
The Hathaspace Smart HSP001 has one of the best air filters for dust in your home. Besides dust, it can help you to eliminate pet hair, odor, cigarette smoke, mold, volatile organic compounds, and pollen.
The machine comes with a 5-in-1 air filter system to capture particles the human eye cannot see. Its True HEPA filter will eliminate 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns in rooms of up to 350 square feet.
- It comes with an automatic air quality sensor system to measure indoor air quality and adjust the fan speed in real-time to eliminate pollutants
- Comes with a 2-year manufacturer warranty
- It operates at a quiet level of 18 dB
- You can operate it remotely
- The five filters of the unit are not washable but should be replaced after six months
- The main cable is short at just under 1.5 meters. You have to place it closer to the power source.
- Its screen is too bright, which can be distracting at night
3. Levoit LV-PUR131 Air Purifier – Best for medium-sized rooms
The Levoit LV-PUR131 is the best dust air purifier for up to 360 square feet of medium-sized rooms.
It comes with a True HEPA filter, honeycomb activated carbon filter, and a pre-filter to offer 30% more efficiency in purifying indoor air. The unit can help you to eliminate pet dander, airborne allergies, mold, pollen, smoke, and reduce dust.
- It automatically adjusts between three fan speed settings in response to real-time indoor air quality readings
- Operates at a noise level of 27 dB
- It does not produce ozone
- Offers a 3-stage filtration system
- Filters have a short life span of fewer than 6 months
- Its motor can become loud and hot after continuous use of the unit
4. Hamilton Beach 04386A Air Purifier – Best for small rooms and personal offices
The Hamilton Beach 04386A model is the best air cleaner for dust for small homes and offices. It is a unit that only covers room sizes of up to 160 square feet.
Despite its size, the machine is a high-performance True HEPA Grade filter that can capture 99.97% of dust, pet dander, mold, pollen, and mildew spores as small as 3 microns.
- It comes with a permanent HEPA filter that does not need replacement
- Offers an ultra-quiet operation
- It has a compact, stylish design to fit any room
- It emits a burning smell after continuous use
- According to most air purifier for dust removal reviews, the permanent filter is not permanent
5. Germ Guardian AC4825 Air Purifier – best for lead dust
The Germ Guardian AC4825 is the best air purifier for lead dust, mold, odors, germs, dust, smoke, allergens, and pollen.
It is a 3-in-1 air purifier that reduces up to 99.97% of harmful particles in the air as small as 0.3 microns. The unit comes with an activated charcoal filter to eliminate odors and 3-speed settings. You can use it to cover rooms of up to 167 square feet.
- It features a UV C light that helps to kill airborne viruses and reduces VOCs
- Operates quietly even at night
- Does not produce ozone
- It emits an electrical burning smell after continuous use
Things to consider when choosing an air purifier for dust
If you are on the market for the best dust remover, consider:
- Size – While there are small and portable units you can buy, you should select one that can clean the entire size of your house. On average, it should be large enough to cover a room of at least 200 square feet.
- Features – Look for a unit that has features like EPA ratings, air quality indicators, and remote controls. Others include handles for easy mobility, multiple fan speeds, and filter change indicators.
- Maintenance – how often you will need to replace the filters?
Have you made your decision?
If you are on the market for the best air purifier for dust, pick one that features a True HEPA filter, operates quietly, and covers room sizes of over 200 square feet.
The unit should help you to reduce dust and eliminate odors, mold, pollen, and smoke from indoor air. It is also helpful to go for one that is easy to maintain long-term.